Note:

I know you may think me contradictive for posting recipes when I clearly don't follow them. That's true, but I ADAPT them and change the quantities of ingredients to suit my need/taste/feeling. So please feel free to ADAPT the recipes I post... now run free and enjoy the blog.

Monday, 30 September 2013

Cinnamon COOKIES

Hi everyone,

I found I had a lot of almond meal in my little baking shelf (due to the late macaroon madness in which I failed miserably) and decided to use it up.

So here, almond meal makes a perfect substitute for the majority of flour in this recipe.

It makes a soft and crumbly cookie instead of a crunchy one (for me anyway,) but either way is still delicious.

Enjoy :)


Cinnamon (almond) cookies

Notes:
This is a pretty straight forward recipe.
If you have almond essence this will boost the almond flavour but I did not and it turned out fine.

Cookies:

125g softened butter
2/3 cup caster sugar
Few drops of  vanilla extract
 
1 cup almond meal
½ cup SR Flour
½ cup Plain Flour
½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
 
Coating:
 
Equal portions of cinnamon and  sugar. e.g. 4 tsp: 4 tsp.  Make more if needed.
 
1. In bowl, cream butter and sugar well, add vanilla and almond essence then beat in egg.
 
2. Sift dry ingredients into bowl and mix together well
 
3. Roll into small balls (walnut size) and roll into cinnamon and sugar.
 
4.Gently flatten on tray and cook 180c for about 10 min until golden. Keep an eye on them after 10 mins.
 
They puff and spread so space them well.
 
 
I ate them with caramel macadamia ice cream and it was DELISH.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment