Note:

I know you may think me contradictive for posting recipes when I clearly don't follow them. That's true, but I ADAPT them and change the quantities of ingredients to suit my need/taste/feeling. So please feel free to ADAPT the recipes I post... now run free and enjoy the blog.

Saturday, 4 January 2014

"Honey, Cookies!!!"

Well hellohellohello!!!

I know it's been three months and I'm sorry for leaving you all lonely.

I need to wish you  A BIG belated Merry Christmas and an even BIGGER Happy New Year.
May 2014 be a year of happiness, success and more Kitchen Krusades! (hopefully...)

Below is a recipe to start the year on a sweet note with a hint of cinnamon.

Enjoy!


Honey Cookies

(Adapted from bestrecipes.com, Honey Cookies.)

Cooking Notes:
These cookies have a crunch to them if baked at the time below but if softer cookies are preferred, bake for a shorter amount of time.

They are also quite sweet (honey, duh) so adding some toasted almonds would be a nice addition J

Ingredients:

·         175g unsalted butter, chopped

·         ¾ cup caster sugar

·         ¼ cup honey

·         ¼ tsp cinnamon  

·         1 lightly whisked egg

·         1 tsp vanilla extract

·          cups of self-raising flour
Yep, close up on that flour
 

Method:

1.       Place butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat on a medium heat and stir until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
 
 
Liquid GOLD
 

2.       Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool to room temperature.

3.       Combine flour, egg and vanilla extract with the honey mixture.

Gotta mix it good

 

4.       Pre-heat oven to 175°C

5.       Roll mixture in balls and flatten (with three fingers, as shown) on tray lined with baking paper.
Hunger Games *whistles Mockingjay tune*

Peeta could sell these in his bakery
 

6.       Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
 


7.       Cool and eat!
 

2 comments:

  1. Smashing blog!!!

    I've never tried honey cookies before. I'm going through the posts now and adding lots of recipes to attempt!

    Regards from Singapore. :)
    Jonny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Jon! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog... it's always good to try new recipes :)))

      Delete